Michael went to the doctors on Friday because he has been having really out of control blood sugars and balancing problems. His nurse was so discouraged and frightened that she started to cry. That really got his attention. They have put him on the South Beach Diet and it has really been a struggle. ( he has only been on it for 36 hours!) He has really gotten used to esting what ever he wants and then chasing down his blood sugar with insulin. Well, that is killing him. I think he finally understands just how unhealthy that is. You really can't have your cake and eat it too. Even smiling food couldn't cheer him up. He is really trying now so I am hopefull.
1 comment:
We don't drink, we don't smoke, we don't do (too many) drugs. Food (and Coke) is really what makes life worth living.
I feel his pain!
Post a Comment